Monday, May 6, 2013

INTERVIEWS

One of the rights that most concerns young people is the right to study and work abroad. To learn more about the topic is a good idea to ask people who have had first hand experience.  
Next interviews will give you an idea of ​​what we can expect if we want to study in Europe.

We have here three interviews to european that now are living in the Basque Country or someone that is Basque and had gone to another European country to work or study... We wanted to record all the interviews but we had problems. One of them was made via e-mail so we have it in written format.
In another case, we recorded the voice with a mobile, with such a bad luck that when we realised that the record was awfull it was too late, so  we wrote what she told us in a paper and then we traslated it to Basque and Spanish.

An interview to Niamh from Ireland:

 Why did you go abroad? What did you like in the emigration country?
  • I went abroad because there weren't any jobs left in Ireland and I wanted a better life for my child. We are living in small flat in San Sebastian, this place is so beautiful... That's what I like the most, the place. But I like people from here also, they are very kind to me.
  • Did you have any problem with the language? Did you feel comfotable there?
    Well I found it relatively easy to fit in, because people in the basque country are very good at english. They are also very patient when I don't understand what they're saying because I can't speak any spanish or basque yet but I'm trying hard in order to speak them soon.
  • How was the experience abroad? Did you feel alone? Why?
    My experience was very good for improving my lifestyle, I didn't really feel too alone because I had my child and everyone here was very friendly.
     
  • Do you expect to return to your country? Would you recommed the experience?                                                                                     I think I'll only be returning for holidays to my family. I definitely would recommend it, it helped me with so much.



Today, we have got an English boy with us, his name is Bobby. He has been living here for a year, so we are going to interview him to know more about his experience, so:



  1. Why did you go abroad? What did you like in the emigration country?

I went abroad because I wanted to change my life. I needed new challenges, new experiences. I like people from San Sebastian, they were very kind to me. I also loved the beaches and the parties of the city. 
  • Did you have any problem with the language? Did you feel comfortable there?

Not really, people in the Basque Country are really good at English, so it was easier for me. They were also very patient when I didn’t know who to say something. I continue studying Spanish and Basque in London. 
  • How was the experience abroad? Did you feel alone? Why?

My experience was awesome. I improved my knowledge, I didn't feel alone in any moment. I found really good friends 
  • Do you expect to return to the Basque Country? Would you recommed the experience?

Yes of course, I will go this summer again. I totally recommend this experience. It’s amazing!

The third interview, it is an audio (if you have problems listening to it jut download it to your PC)

Our Interview to Ainhoa

Then you know a little bit more about studying abroad.

All for Europe and Europe for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment